Although it’s something you may not want to think about, there could be a disaster on your wedding day in Sandpoint, ID. Whether it’s damaging to your wedding gown, stolen wedding gifts or an unexpected cancellation, a wedding insurance policy through The Insurance Shop USA may help protect you against these types of disasters. What exactly is wedding insurance? Here are the answers to the most common questions about wedding insurance.
What is Wedding Insurance?
A wedding insurance policy is designed to protect your investment from circumstances that are beyond your control and to reimburse the expenses incurred as a result. For instance, if the limousine driver doesn’t show up and you need to hire another one on the morning of your wedding at double the price or if the reception hall goes out of business a few weeks before your wedding day and you lose the deposit; you’ll have to book another venue and pay another deposit. These types of financial losses are how wedding insurance can provide protection.
What Does it Cover?
There is generally a specified maximum amount of coverage that can be claimed under each section of your policy and there is also a deductible. After paying the deductible, most wedding insurance policies cover:
- The wedding or reception site, if they are unable to accommodate you due to an unforeseen cancellation, such as a fire, electrical outage or the business, is closed down
- A weather condition that prevents the bride, the groom or other essential relatives whose presence at the wedding is essential from reaches the place where the wedding is taking place. Your wedding insurance may cover rescheduling the wedding and its details.
- Vendors that do not show up, such as the caterer
- If an injury or illness prevents the bride or groom from participating in the wedding
- If the wedding is postponed because of military personnel being shipped out at a moment’s notice or if the bride or grooms company suddenly relocates them to another city for their job.
Wedding insurance policies do not cover a change of heart, jewelry, watches or semiprecious gemstones. The insurance may cover your wedding rings, but your engagement ring will probably not be covered. Keep in mind that every wedding and every insurance policy are different, so be sure to talk with your agent to be sure you fully understand the policy.
To learn more information about wedding insurance, residents of Sandpoint, ID should contact The Insurance Shop USA.