It takes a lot of tenacity and perseverance to build a strong sustainable business. Your employees are ones that keep it going. Whether you have a few employees or more than 100, you’ll need affordable health insurance coverage. You want to make sure that your employees have every advantage if they or their loved ones become sick or injured. The Insurance Shop USA in Sandpoint, ID can offer you a variety of options for your employee’s health coverage.
Types of Health Insurance
There are two main types of health insurance: group and individual.
- Group health insurance – is purchased by the employer. It is then offered to their employees and their dependents. Premiums, the amount paid to the insurance company every month, are paid by both the employer and the employee.
- Individual health coverage – is an option where individuals can purchase insurance for themselves and their family members. With this plan, employers can utilize a reimbursement program where employees will recover a portion of the premiums they have paid throughout the year.
Types of Health Plans
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) – provides a list of preferred doctors and hospitals that you can visit where claims can be paid.
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) – offers providers who work exclusively with the HMO and its’ patients. You will need to have a primary care physician (PCP) with this plan. Any referrals for specialists will need to be made through your PCP.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) – is a specific savings account where you would pay for your medical expenses.
When you’re ready to search for health insurance for your small business, call or stop by The Insurance Shop USA in Sandpoint, ID. They have independent insurance agents that can provide you with useful information concerning health care options and insurance coverage.